What to Expect
You have just taken the first step toward improving your health. At Arthritis and Rheumatism Associates PC, we take pride in delivering exceptional care with the courtesy and respect you would expect. We know that there are choices in selecting a physician or healthcare service and look forward to being your choice. We work closely with other physicians and healthcare professionals to assure the most complete and comprehensive health care.
Patients are generally seen in the office by appointment only and we do make all attempts to accommodate appointments within one week with one of our physicians.
We have incorporated a call center in order to meet your needs to timely and efficient scheduling of appointments. You may call 301-942-7600, which will be answered by one of our courteous call center coordinators to assist you in determining the physician as well as the date and time that works best for your schedule. Please let the coordinator know the nature of your visit, so that she may schedule the proper amount of time. This helps to eliminate un-necessary return visits. If there is not a preference to a specific physician, the coordinator will provide the earliest available appointment with one of our highly skilled and expert physicians at the location most convenient for you.
We ask that all patients:
- Keep all prescribed appointments. If you need to cancel an appointment please give 24 hours notice prior to your appointed time.
- To keep our office posted of any changes in insurance and billing information.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled visit time.
As a Convenience to you:
- We Accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discovery.
- We have five convenient locations to serve you.
- We offer modern, comfortable environments.
- We are handicapped accessible.
- We provide prompt progress reports to your PCP and other providers.
- Onsite laboratory and x-ray services.
What to bring?
Please download the necessary forms to bring to your appointment.
In addition you should bring the following:
- Insurance card and photo ID
- Referral form or prescription
- Any radiological films and reports
- Co-payment or deductable payment
Our staff will try to accommodate all of your needs and make this experience as easy and pleasant as possible. We know how stressful an initial visit can be and we strive to keep waiting time for an appointment to a minimum.
On your initial Physician Consultation visit, the physician will review your medical history and develop a diagnostic/treatment plan to meet your individual needs. You may require Laboratory Testing or X-rays, which both services are provided on-site for your convenience.